The Quiet Man is just a week away from launch, and Square-Enix has pulled back the curtain for a behind the scenes look at the development process.
The new video, dubbed “Who is The Quiet Man?”, takes a look at the title’s core concepts and development process. In addition, it was announced that a week after launch a patch would be released, that will offer a follow up playthrough option for players to get more in-depth with the mysteries of The Quiet Man.
Per Press Release:
In a new video released today, SQUARE ENIX® shed more light on the upcoming cinematic action experience, THE QUIET MAN™, introducing the all-star cast of developers and advisors involved in the game.
The new video, titled “Who is The Quiet Man?” provides insights into the game’s core concepts and development process, with interviews from various members of the international development team. The in-depth look behind the making of the game explores the game’s initial conception, various themes that players will uncover within the title, the unique sound direction process in creating a ‘soundless’ game experience, the production of the game’s full-motion video scenes that bring the world of THE QUIET MAN to life, and more.
Developers and advisors featured include:
- Kensei Fujnaga, THE QUIET MAN Producer (SQUARE ENIX)
- Tatsuro Koike, Action Director (Yakuza series)
- Joe Kelly, Scenario Writer (Man of Action Entertainment – BEN 10, MEGA MAN: FULLY CHARGED, GENERATOR REX, and the characters and team of BIG HERO 6)
- Shaun Nivens, Lead Programmer (Human Head Studios)
- Ashley Welch, Art Director (Human Head Studios)
- Shu Hamada, Live Action Director (OMNIBUS JAPAN)
- Randy Redetzke, Lead Environment Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Karen Ruiz, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Chris Miscik, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Nick Taylor, Animation Director (Human Head Studios)
- Kenichi Mikoshiba, Sound Director (SQUARE ENIX)
- Danny Gong, Sign Language Consultant
In addition to the developers and advisors involved with the production of THE QUIET MAN, internationally renowned writer, producer and performer Imogen Heap also discusses her work on the title and her inspirations for creating ‘The Quiet’, an original track debuting in THE QUIET MAN.
Additionally, a free patch will be available one week after release, titled THE QUIET MAN – ANSWERED –, which will offer answers to the unique mysteries of THE QUIET MAN by providing another play through with sound and voices.
Check out the dev video below, and stay tuned to Electric Bento for more info as it comes in!
The Quiet Man launches November 1st for Playstation 4 and PC.