Per Press Release:
Causal Bit Games and Hound Picked Games, with anticipation building, just a week before the long awaited release of Battle Princess Madelyn is upon us – 6th December. From the early days of a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, right through to dual platform release.
“Play, enjoy, and experience the thrill of the battle!” Christopher Obritsch – Causal Bit Games.
Battle Princess Madelyn, developed and created by Causal Bit Games, follows the journey of a young knight in training, Madelyn, and her ghostly pet dog Fritzy. They set out on a journey to save her kingdom and her family from the clutches of an evil wizard. Set in the vein of Ghouls ‘N Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap, the instantly classic and familiar gameplay will transport old-school gamers back to their heyday. The self-adjusting difficulty will allow for even the most novice of gamer to pick up and play!
Join Madelyn as she battles through graveyards, swamps, castles, countryside and more! Polished gameplay, breathtaking visuals, jaw-dropping dual soundtracks and epic adventures await!
- Amazingly detailed hand drawn pixel art brought to life by the magical lighting of the Unity Engine.
- Two completely different soundtracks to suit your tastes! Classic Arcade FM/PCM to set the hectic pacing, or Modern Orchestrated to set the mood for the scene by Gryzor87 of Maldita Castilla fame!
- A mix of fast paced classic arcade action with the adventure elements of classic console games from the golden age of console gaming.
- Battle Princess Madelyn has two modes of game play: Arcade which is fast paced old school action and Story mode for the full adventure experience of questing and the battle princess!
- Find all of the collectibles hidden throughout the stages for extra rewards, and additional hidden stages!
- 10 levels, each of which include up to 5 stages – some of which branch!
- Masses of upgradable weapons that depend on your armor in arcade mode, or having the upgraded at the blacksmith in story mode!
- Special weapons for special occasions and some of these grant access to secret areas!
- An original story written by a professional children’s author.
About Causal Bit Games
Causal Bit Games is an independent developer based in Canada. Owner and Creative Director, Christopher Obritsch is a young, retired professional graphic designer and creative director and long-time hobbyist-turned-indie game dev. His partner in crime, Daven Bigelow, is the coding brains of the operation and works on hitchhiking robots in his spare time! Last but not least, we have the keeper of the cheese, Angelina Obritsch who is in charge of the finances, as well as hiring.
More information: http://www.causalbitgames.com