Ahead of it’s October launch, Ubisoft has detailed the post-launch DLC that will be available for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
The post-launch content looks pretty robust. Breaking from normal tradition, some of the DLC will be episodic, so players can experience a steady stream of content after launch. There will be two new story arcs, Legacy of the First Blade and The Fate of Atlantis. Each will feature three episodes, and the first will begin in December. Season pass holders will also receive Assassin’s Creed III, and Assassin’s Creed Liberation Remastered. No word on whether these will be available separately at a later time yet. Check out the full list of content below:
Per Press Release:
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass includes:
- Story Arc 1 – Legacy of the First Blade: This episodic adventure will introduce players to the first hero to wield the iconic hidden blade, changing the course of history. Players will learn more about the backstory of the Assassins and why they choose to fight from the shadows. Starting December 2018, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Story Arc II – The Fate of Atlantis: In the second story arc, players will confront godly creatures and uncover the secrets of the legendary sunken city. In a surprising saga filled with twists and turns, players will get even closer to Greek mythology and the First Civilization. Coming spring 2019, episodes will be released approximately six weeks apart.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered: Ignite the American Revolution as Connor, the master assassin born of the beauty and the brutality of 18th century America. As a bloody revolution draws ever nearer, your clan is threatened by a powerful group seeking to crush the American Revolution and control the thirteen colonies. Shocked into action by the devastation of your village, you pledge your life to the cause of freedom, and embark on a decades-long quest to achieve it. Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be released in March 2019 and will include:
- All the DLCs: Benedict Arnold Missions, Hidden Secrets Pack and Tyranny of King George.
- The Remastered editions will feature 4K and & HDR on PS4™ Pro, Xbox One X and PC, higher resolution textures, new graphics engine, and several more other graphical enhancements. Gameplay mechanics and ergonomics have also been improved.
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered will be sold as a stand-alone title for players who don’t own the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Season Pass.
- Assassin’s Creed® III Liberation Remastered: Originally released as a PlayStation®Vita exclusive, Assassin’s Creed III Liberation has been remastered for PlayStation®4 systems, Xbox One and PC in full HD. Follow Aveline’s story as she battles Spanish forces in the American south to win freedom for her land and people. Embark on an epic journey that will take her from the crowded streets of New Orleans to voodoo-haunted swamps and ancient Mayan ruins.
The Season Pass is included in the Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Gold, Ultimate, Spartan and Pantheon Editions and is also available for purchase separately for $39.99.
In addition, an extensive lineup of free content including new narrative content and in-game events will be available for all players after launch, including:
- The Lost Tales of Greece: Free episodic questlines will release regularly in-between episodes, providing a constant flow of new stories for players to discover. These quests will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Recurring In-Game Events: Each week a new epic ship or mercenary will appear, presenting players with challenging battles as they hunt down these powerful enemies. Daily and weekly contracts will send players on new quests across Greece.
- Discovery Tour: The educational tool will let players explore the game world in a conflict-free environment and learn about Ancient Greece’s monuments, culture and history.
- Many more updates, including new monstrous and mythical creatures to defy and a New Game Plus mode presenting new challenges and the ability to see how different choices affect players’ stories.
Check out the trailer for the post-launch content below, and stay tuned to Electric Bento for continuing coverage as we inch closer to release.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey launches October 5th for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Preorders are available here.